FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car seat in Y on 787
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 18, 5:37 pm
FindAWay

Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Originally Posted by psychopompos View Post
Hello there,

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip from London to Bogota this fall, right around the time when my progeny will be a year old. As he's already quite a large baby, I doubt he'll fit into any travel cot/bassinet type accommodation and we're not really willing to risk having to hold a baby throughout an 11 hour flight, so he's getting a seat. We're willing to forgo the few Tier Points and Avios we'd earn in Y in the interest of keeping things simple and travel direct LHR-BOG with Avianca.

However, they fly a 787-8 on that route, which is infamous for its 9 abreast tightness in Y. Does anyone have any positive experiences of flying with a car seat on a 787? I'm leaning towards the Diono Radian (strapped to a luggage cart), which from what I can tell is around 17'' wide. Are there any narrower seats, ideally available for purchase in the UK?
Many of us use a Cosco Scenera Next. Not sure how that compares to what you are looking at using, though.

Our's has served us well on many long flights with our now- 2yo (we even squeezed it in the overheads of a UA 777 and AA 767 when flying J and our son was willing to sleep on the lie-flat seat).

we bought a little folding trolley cart and use it as a semi-stroller through airports.