FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No medical waivers on US Airways?
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2004, 11:06 pm
cedric

If the ticket was purchased on a Platinum or somesuch credit card, have a look and see what type of insurance coverage it comes with. It may be too late now, but I have found that these carry many benefits that I sometimes forget when I travel (accomodation during a missed connection due to a weather delay, etc).

As for phone vs station, I don't think it's a strict rule that station is always better than phone. I got stuck on a connection due to a weather-related cancellation, last flight of the day into BUF. Station looked at several other routings but it was either too late or the flights were full. I suggested getting me into YYZ where there was availability instead but station agent adamnantly said no as it is international, even after checking with supervisor. Couldn't even confirm me on a flight to BUF until 5pm the next day. Checked into a hotel and called Res; within moments I was confirmed onto a morning flight to YYZ. Wrote a letter to consumer affairs asking why the station couldn't put me into YYZ but the phone agents could, and they agreed with me (and the phone agent) and sent me a voucher on US for almost twice the cost of the hotel, and more than the original ticket had cost.