FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase IHG card earns 5x points at IHG hotels - except for Kimpton
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:18 am
jiaogulan

IHG Holiday Inn Mumbai Airport - did not post 5x. I SM'd Chase, and emailed the hotel, but both queries were basically futile. They hotel was gracious, but there wasn't much they could do. It's how their credit card terminals are labeled category-wise assumably though, so I told them so they can be aware for the future... Just blew me away the main, normal brand at an airport hotel wasn't earning 5x properly, but maybe I'm naive. It wasn't like it was a Kimpton. IHG's systems not picking up activities properly, especially related to credit card's being used, has been absolutely amazing me on numerous occasions.

I gave up when I realized the continued time to earn the few hundred extra IHG points was not worth the amount of time it would take me, versus other things I can do with the same time.

EDIT -- I called back in this time (screw emailing) to follow up about the 5,000 points bonus from the January Priceless promotion, and while on the call I also explained that I never got my bonus points from the Mumbai stay for using my Chase IHG card to get the 5x points. The agent finally admitted this was an error after some back and forth, and said she'd have to follow-up with Chase. I said come on, can't you guys just give me the points, it's approximately ~500 points. She agreed then and gave me the points.

Last edited by jiaogulan; Mar 8, 2018 at 2:59 am