FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Week in India: Mumbai, Amritsar, Agra/Taj Mahal, Jaipur and Delhi | CX and EY J
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:33 pm
ChiefNWA

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold

Day 2

14 hours in Rainy Hong Kong

I had been to Hong Kong a few times in the past, but there’s always something different to see in that city. Cathay Pacific only flew to Mumbai once that day, so I had no choice but to have this 14-hour layover. We landed ahead of schedule at about 5:20AM. I had already purchased my Airport Express ticket so I headed straight downtown to Kowloon Station. I jumped in a cab from there to the Avenue of the Stars / Promenade area to shoot the skyline for sunrise. I had a few issues. One, I forgot to check the weather; it was raining, foggy and misty. Two, Avenue of the Stars was closed so I had to walk around quite a bit to find a spot to setup. Three, it was the day after Chinese New Year so literally nowhere was open around me.

The fantastic sunrise view of Hong Kong!

The promenade that morning.

I was hoping the weather would clear up so I hung around for a while but it didn’t. Since nothing was open, I just walked around and wasted time.

Taxi.

Some Chinese New Year decorations.

I took refuge in Pacific Place for a while and scoured the internet for somewhere to get lunch. I was craving some soup dumplings but almost everywhere was closed. I found one place and took note of it to check later if they were open.

I then got on the train and headed to Tai Koo Station.

I came here to photograph Montane Mansion, somewhere you see in lots of Hong Kong pictures. It’s just an apartment building complex but it makes for some great pictures. It’s more popular before sunrise and after sunset though.

Burning stuff, Montane Mansion.

Montane Mansion.

Tram.

Back on the subway, my next stop was Choi Hung.

Buildings.

Choi Hung is famous for its colorful buildings.

Choi Hung.

After Choi Hung, it was lunch time. The place I had researched earlier, the Dim Sum Library, was open. I got my fix of soup dumplings but chose to go with the Dan Dan version instead. Fantastic dumplings.

Last edited by ChiefNWA; Jan 7, 2020 at 4:24 pm