FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:47 pm
Zawnet

Originally Posted by nov11
I was there recently and it looked like they took out the old F bathrooms and swapped it for a bigger J bathrooms. The F bathrooms are now located just after the 3-4 steps stair close to the dining room to the left with 3 or 4 showers (with toilets) and 1 standalone toilet. Showers look greatly improved from before and F/J showers are very similar although F bathroom has tiled shower floor.

I feel that it's a huge improvement for J, so much so that I think it's better than the F side in certain areas (namely food). Whilst F has a slightly different menu and proper restaurant setting, most of the food can be found in the J buffet or noodle bar. The F buffet is tiny compared to J (which makes sense since F is pretty quiet most of the time). For F Lounge eligible passengers, I'd suggest eating at the J lounge and then head on over to the F lounge if you want to relax or shower.

One of the biggest improvements of all is the discontinuation of boarding announcements (which can be extremely annoying during the morning and late evening departure banks). Also, worth noting is that there are a lot of power outlets fitted with USB or international sockets throughout both lounges! ^

In a nutshell:

Pros: Vastly improved bathrooms and showers for both F and J, new open kitchen concept with made to order station in J and power outlets throughout the lounge

Cons: shrunk part of F lounge to expand J lounge and no private slumber rooms in F
It seems that the new F lounge has taken over the old J toilets which were located diagonally across from the bar.