FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA employees shocked: (qtrly performance) Bonuses replaced with lottery (on "pause")
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:02 am
tuolumne

Originally Posted by fly18725
Making infallible decisions at big companies takes lots and lots of time. This is certainly an issue United (and other more established companies) struggle with. Many companies are trying to become more quick and nimble like Amazon or Google, making decisions quickly and taking some risks (in areas that don't impact safety). I guess that's not okay with FlyerTalk either.
Respectfully, I think you are using quite a broad brush with that statement. What decisions that tech companies are making? Because M&A decisions are different from operating procedure decisions which are different from HR decisions. It’s a real stretch to use that as an excuse for United here. This is undeniably bad optically and tactically as well, especially since Munoz has used the last two years as a time to reestablish relations with a battered employee base. This program, and especially the borderline comical language that was used to communicate it, was a definite miss, no if and or buts about it.

I was and still am in some ways taking a wait and see approach to Kirby and found the vitriole here from day one regarding him concerning at best. After this, I think it’s clear that he’s damaged himself with the employee bases, who were sceptical of him from the start.

Last edited by tuolumne; Mar 6, 2018 at 6:19 am