FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:22 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
May I please ask about LCY flights to EDI and GLA?

From what I can see from the BA Source trackers (the information on which is rather incomplete), it looks like LCY-GLA flights are guaranteed a same-aircraft return GLA-LCY at the logical time (eg LCY-GLA arrives 1525, GLA-LCY departs 1600).

In contrast, the corresponding pattern for LCY-EDI and EDI-LCY flights suggests that they are usually but not always operated by the same aircraft.

Does anyone know (a) whether this is accurate; and (b) whether it reflects some underlying structural feature of CityFlyer operations? My suspicion on the latter is that EDI is a CityFlyer base, so aircraft can swap there, but GLA isn't and therefore has the same feature as (eg) AMS, where you are similarly guaranteed a same-aircraft return.

The reason is that I'm trying to see whether or not it's feasible to do a quick TP run back-to-back from LCY, on which I'd need to earn on both flights but the turnaround time at AMS, EDI and GLA are all too short to allow both halves of the trip to be booked on a single ticket - and hence I need the alternative protection of a guaranteed same-aircraft turnaround. (If it's possible, the advantage is that it's then possible to do one of these at the end of any working day. A conventional day trip or a back-to-back from LHR or LGW both require finding a weekend day.)