FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Resort fee to cover “Honors benefits”
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:55 pm
nomiiiii

Originally Posted by azepine00
I hope the regulators will step in and ban this deceptive practice. No other industry or field is allowed to promote one price and then charge a drastically different one.
I would love to see FT taking the lead in starting a petition to require hotels to post all in price (aside perhaps from taxes).
Unfortunately, in America this deceptive pricing is everywhere. E.g. you go to a restaurant and order something which is written as $100 on the menu. Try putting a $100 bill on the table and leaving, I'm sure the manager will stop you (for not paying the taxes which aren't included in advertised price), and the waiter will stop you (for not paying customary tip), and if the waiter doesn't stop you, you will surely be ridiculed by your friends/date etc.

Americans are conditioned to pay drastically over the advertised price, when a $100 meal on the menu actually would end up costing you $130 or so.

And that conditioning of always paying more than the advertised price leads itself to being willing to put up with stupid fees everywhere.