FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Cancelling Flights Pre-Storm
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:00 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by jpsj
I think you are missing my point. My EXPERIENCE is that AA's decision to cancel flights in a given region must be made by some timeline. As a flyer, I would like to be aware that this is possible/going to happen. In the example I used, I thought it was bad weather in Philly that was going to be the issue--not a preemptive canceling of flights in Syracuse. If I had known the later, I make the easy decision to change my flight early and don't risk anything. It is one thing to think of weather in a local city as opposed to a regional pattern and preemptively making a decision.
Once AA starts issuing weather waivers (you'll see it on the website and you'll guess it might be happening from the weather in the news), it is certainly possible. When I'm traveling and waivers are available, I've learned from others here in the forum over the years, that I should keep a subscription to EF and look at alternative flights, including getting out early. If you can do it consistent with work, etc., rolling out early when there is a major impending weather issue and waivers are available is almost always a good decision.