FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking.com ramdon discount offers popped up when searching - anybody received those?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:10 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking.com ramdon discount offers popped up when searching - anybody received those?

I have been looking at options in Sicily and have booked a few nights in different locations as it is a road trip.

2 days ago when I went to Booking.com site, it popped up a window with gift box at the top, claiming it would give 11% back if book now. I did not book as still searching. Yesterday afternoon the site said 6% back. Before I could open the map, Comcast died. No TV / Net for several hours till evening. Then when I returned to Booking.com, this time it showed 9% back. I clicked the offer, and again clicked OK. A search window popped up and I went thru that to book.

What bothers me is, the banner of 9% rebate stayed on the first screen when I chose the property and again the room. It disappeared on the 2nd screen where to input payment information (it was a No Prepayment needed, free cancellation by midnight Apr 19). The banner never reappears anywhere after the booking has been made.

I remember in the past the $40/$80 offer, one can see the description of such at the Manage My Booking details screen, there was a small paragraph to confirm your offer. Yet this random discount offer does not have a trace after the initial screen.

Has anybody ever used this kind of random discount offers? Do they actually work, i..e. Booking.com would send you an email after the stay is complete, to ask for card information so it would deposit the rebate to the card provided?