FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:33 am
vindaloo

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I did mention it but don't know if it is permanently closed. It's certainly closed/was a building site when I went through in December. The other transfers channel was completely empty so wasn't an issue.

Edit: should add I was on a 125 ticket on that occasion.
I ended up not doing it as a back-to-back and instead spent most of the day in the lounge in OSL. As it happens OLCI for the complex itinerary involving both BA and AA flights worked fine and I would easily have made it if I'd done the back-to-back. It's not a building site any more but although there were various doors on the left as I came along the corridor towards passport control I didn't see any way of summoning anyone to open them. However, when I got to passport control there was a separate (and completely empty) lane for non-Schengen transfer passengers. There was no queue at security or at passport control to get back into the non-Schengen area, so I reckon if I'd been doing the back-to-back I'd have been back at the gate within ten minutes tops of getting off the plane. I have another trip in a few weeks and may use the last leg of my current trip as a positioning flight for it, in which case I think I will book the back-to-back.