FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: How long does it take for AC to refund a ticket?
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:30 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Is it just me or has AC managed to speed up refund processing (possibly by automating it more)?

I've bought and cancelled/refunded a number of flexible tickets in the past few months (don't worry, I haven't accessed any MLLs using those tickets ). I've done the cancellations through the website or app and typically gotten an e-mail back within minutes confirming the refund - this used to take hours or a day or so, or occasionally required a phone call (see, for example, discussion in this thread) - it seemed like some manual intervention was required. Now it appears to be automated given the quickness of the e-mail and the refund has typically then appeared in a day or so on my card.

Overall, it seems the process has improved considerably (yes, occasionally it worked this smoothly in the past, but usually did not).

Are others noticing the improvement or have I just hit a run of good luck?