FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA employees shocked: (qtrly performance) Bonuses replaced with lottery (on "pause")
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:41 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by enviroian
Exactly. I really don't understand why people on here are upset. They are just another company. If the employees don't like what they get then move to another company. I could careless about United's employees comp plan--it's of total irrelevance to me. Do I check out the bonus plans of Toro Mfg when I buy a lawnmower? When I buy a pair of Levi's should I be concerned if Tom Smith got his quarterly bonus? Of course not. What a bunch of silly responses on here.
Many people, especially younger ones, do in fact check out the working conditions of companies before buying their products and avoid companies that abuse employees through sweatshops, abusive labor practices, dangerous working conditions, etc. So yes, it most certainly matters to many people, and need I resurrect the ghost of the old SaveSkyMiles campaign where an airline made the mistake of taking on customers and employees at the same time? How did that work out for them? Hint: not good, especially when one remembers the near mental breakdown of Delta's then-CEO on the steps of the Plaza Hotel while taunted by an advertising banner. An airline can make employees happy at the expense of customers, or vice versa, but if they try to screw both at the same time, it sows the seeds for blowback, and not just with people taking their business elsewhere or quitting their jobs - but rather by joining together to take on management and winning.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 3, 2018 at 4:39 pm Reason: removed response to deleted content