FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:39 am
LondonAndy

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
But why would you see someone as 'needy' if they wished to ask about the company travel policy at interview? Likewise, the salary, hours, leave or any aspect of the work. I don't see the difference.
It all depends on the way it is put - if it was phrased the way CWS puts it below, then I'd not have a problem with it, particularly at final interview or offer stage, but if it was at first interview and someone said "I assume I'll get a corner office, will be able to leave at 5 on the dot every day, you don't have a problem with me expensing boozy lunches and I need to take my pet dog into the office - you're OK with all that, aren't you?" it may be different, even though these could all be "aspects of the work".

Good luck to @woodey with the decision making - I'm sure it's a tricky choice to make.....

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well a clever interviewee would frame it all carefully without causing distress:
"I understand the job involves a certain amount of travel, what policies cover this area? And is there an expectation to travel at weekends for example?"