FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA to introduce Wheatley's vodka onboard, summer 2018 & now Tito's back May 2023
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:28 am
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I would be curious if these things actually show up in blind taste tests. Because for instance "sugar vodka tastes a little sweet" is the kind of thing people would tend to say if they know the vodka is made that way.
The way I came to all of my conclusions was through blind taste tests. I conduct these routinely with my wife when we try a new vodka. I'll pour two (or more) identical glasses with different vodkas and my wife will taste them blind. Then she'll randomize the glasses and I'll taste them blind. She's much better at distinguishing flavors and aromas than I am (she has the nose that knows).

Now that I've read about Wheatley I'm going to purchase a bottle today and taste it blind tonight with my wife and some friends (who are also vodka lovers). We'll taste the Wheatley against Platinum and Grey Goose (I'm all out of potato vodka, but I might fix that at the store while I'm at it...).