FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:26 am
BA6948

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
It all depends om you current position. My boss told me never to accept a new role in another company if the salary increase you would get is less than 20%. If you are unemployed it is something different. Your deal doesn’t look bad but only if you book your flights directly with BA and not through an agent. You can litterally do nothing upgrade wise if it is a TA booking which way I moved a lot of my travels to AF. They are more flexible when it comes to TA bookings. And you’ll gave to be in the higher Y buckets to be able to double upgrade with money from Y to J with BA. Did it once on a LHR JNB sector at the airport and it cost £900. And that’s a long sector. So if you travel longhaul once a month I guess you’ll be safe. But be careful! I started my job with max 2 round trips a year to SA in Y and now it is twice a month. It has taken a toll on my body, my health and my fitness. For those who say it is waste of money for the company should reconsider what they say. It is not human to fly on a Sunday night to JNB, go straight to work and fly back on Thursday all in Y and that twice a month. Some of my colleagues even fly down for a 4 hourmeeting and fly the same evening back to the UK all in Y. It is insane.
To make our travel a bit easier, and to avoid spending our own money, sone of us