FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Northeast Weather Waiver - 3/2-3/3
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
+1 and I were flying on DL427, the 9:30 p.m. JFK-LAX flight tonight. We got to the airport around 6:45 p.m. and the T4 lobby and TSA PreCheck line was about as empty as I've ever seen it. I went to go find a co-worker who was booked on DL454, the 7:30 p.m. flight to LAX. She was originally on an AA flight earlier this morning that ended up returning to the gate after the three hour tarmac rule and then cancelled, rebooked on B6 that then cancelled, and while we were chatting, 454 cancelled. About five minutes later 427 cancelled. +1 was in the crowded T4 SkyClub at the time and reported that the remaining four JFK-LAX flights for the day cancelled.

I was only going for the weekend, so I'm not going to bother to call DL to do a trip in vain until things calm down a bit. I'll be curious to see if they just refund me once they figure that there's no way to rebook me while retaining my return flight.

With AA and DL basically canning all of their JFK-LAX flights after the afternoon, I wonder how many VIPs going to the Oscars tomorrow were stranded?

Good luck to all who aren't where the need to be this weekend!

[3/3 - Update] Called the Platinum Desk and did a trip in vain. My reservation was referred to the Refunds Desk; I'll check to make sure my RUC is credited back to my account.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 3, 2018 at 4:16 am