FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:20 pm
bse118

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
"Only Y" isn't enough info to answer the question.

Do you they let you focus on single airline/alliance? Thus making status much easier to attain/retain

Is it lowest Y only?

Can you buy W? (Premium Economy)

What destinations/routes? OP says it's an American company, so is the travel to the States? If so - I'd think about joining one of the American carriers' programs, where elite upgrades are a bigger part of the program.
-------------------------
My perspective: I work for a company with a "lowest reasonable Y fare" policy - but there's some flexibility in it. We can buy W in some cases. We can focus on a preferred airline/alliance. I get upgraded on most of my domestic flights and a good portion of my intl longhauls. It's fine - I have three long-haul roundtrips in Y coming up in April alone.
--------------------------
Originally Posted by woodey
...but long-haul Y then straight into a meeting seems brutal.

This, however, is worrisome. Straight from the plane into a meeting is just bad policy regardless of travel class. Recipe for tired, stressed employees. Not to mention what happens if the flight is delayed - there goes the meeting.

I'd get clarification to be sure that it's not within policy to arrive the day before the meeting.