FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:48 pm
darthlemsip

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
You'll find it'll take its toll on you eventually, if the LH flights are often shorter flights to Europe then it's ok, but if you're travelling to places north of 12 hour legs like Beijing often it'll certainly be pretty tough.
This is exactly correct. I did 2 years of LHR-DFW returns, twice a month in Y. Even pointing out that changing two a two week rotation and booking Premium Economy would be cheaper fell on deaf ears. So I walked away from a job I loved because I couldn’t do that to myself anymore - at 6’ 3, if I did t get an exit row (which happened most of the time) it was ten hours of torture basically every weekend, I hardly ever saw my wife etc.

5 years later I’m now in still in the job I left for, happier still and with an enshrined J over 6 hours policy. Although, ironically, I’m supposed to be travelling less these days, yet am heading out on my 6th longhaul work flight of the year tomorrow.

But it back to the original point, no, from painful experience I would not take a job with an all Y policy