FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:55 pm
woodey

Programs: BA Gold
Would you turn down a really good job if the travel policy was all Y?

So here’s the situation, I’m at the 3rd interview stage of a really good job. The package, role etc are all excellent but the company has an all Y travel policy, no exceptions, even the CEO travels Y (it’s a large America company). I’m likely to need to travel long haul once a month and short haul once a month. I’m OK with the short haul Y, I’m used to that in my current job but long-haul Y then straight into a meeting seems brutal.

I’ve tried negotiating with them but there’s no give, they have offered me some more money (approx. £2,000 a month after tax) to compensate for the travel. I think the idea is I can use my own money to upgrade when I want to but they’ve been clear that the corporate travel department will only ever book me Y.

So, a couple of questions. Has anyone ever turned down a really good job because of the travel policy? And if I go for it I’ll be looking to AUP a couple of long-haul Y segments a month, about 24 a year. Will I run into problems with BA? I seem to remember threads about AUP where ‘the computer says no’.

Thanks.