FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation]
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:51 pm
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Can you walk from here to the Mauna Kea?
My wife and I stayed at the Mauna Kea last fall and we were able to walk between there and the Hapuna Beach Resort. There's a slightly rugged trail that runs along the shoreline between the two properties. When you get close to the MK the trail takes you alongside the golf course near the green that juts out toward the shore. From there you can head north and get to the beach at the MK. Bring water for the journey - there's not much shade along the trail. There are some great views and interesting lava formations along the way, so it's worth the hike.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Is the area around this hotel nice and quiet? Trying to figure out my August plans. I'm planning on renting a car, but it looks like Uber is also available.
Generally pretty quiet, and not much within walking distance in terms of restaurants, shops, etc. I always recommend a rental car for the Big Island because the really great sights/attractions are far flung.