FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How are you celebrating your last day as Globalist?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:52 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by jameswes
Just to be clear - you're only talking about TSUs (and I guess the free night awards that are now good for a year). If you stay that often, wouldn't you also get a TSU at 70,80,90 nights (if you chose)? So as long as you hit one of the milestones (60,70,80,90) in late December, then you're covered for basically all of 2019. Unless there's some reason why you really need 2 or more TSUs in November/December 2019, AND you won't hit 60 nights before November/December 2019.
Exactly. I don't understand the strategy either. Sure, the sooner you reach 60 nights, the sooner your TSUs expire, but also, the sooner you get your TSUs to use or book where you want as well.

I am going to hit 60 at the end of July. On August 1, I will be trying to redeem one TSU for winter break, one TSU for 'spring break, and two TSUs for summer travel.
Then, when I hit the bonus 10 (Late Septemeber, then late October, then sometime mid-late December, if all pans out as planned), I will evaluate if I need any TSUs for those incremental months next year or, if not, I will pocket the points instead. People complain about not being able to redeem TSU's, but it's like getting 'supersaaver airfares', the early bird (or booker) gets the worm.