FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FL Destinations / Hotels for lazy beach weekend away?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:08 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ceres
For east coast I like the Hollywood Marriott. It's right on the boardwalk. Plenty of food and beverage choices in walking distance. Great ocean views. Had a lounge last time I was there.
This is a good alternative if you don't want/need very many "resort" amenities. For a Marriott Gold/Plat, this is one of the few beachfront properties with a CL and the couple of times I stayed, as a Marriott Plat, I was upgraded to a nice oceanfront room. Don't go looking for an onsite SPA or even much of a pool, but it really is right on the beach with some great views.

Also, I also agree with the Sandestin Hilton as well. It is a nice property with most of the usual "resort" amenities and the Destin beach there is beautiful, wide with soft, white, powdery sand. But I would suggest staying away from the Pensacola Beach Hilton resort. It is a dump and I'd rather stay at the Hampton Inn with few resort amenities next to it rather stay there.