FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ural Airlines
Thread: Ural Airlines
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:36 am
onuhistorian0116

Ural Airlines

I figured I’d leave some feedback on Ural Airlines, as there isn’t much here.

I flew them from PRG to PEK with a transfer at SVX.

Check in at PRG was a disaster, I arrived before the desk opened, and was one of the last to get in line, and waited more than an hour, and started to get nervous about my flight. Fortunately PRG had quick security and exit immigration. But, they were very strict on cabin baggage, and were collecting a number of fees. They weighed all carry-one, and most people were on a promo ticket that did not include checked baggage. With all the Chinese tourists returning from Europe after Chinese New Year, this seemed to be a bit of a hardship. The officially only allowed 5 KG of cabin baggage, but they didn’t force you to check your bag unless it was over ten. They tagged all approved carry-ons, and those tags were inspected upon boarding. One passenger was forced to gate check her bag for 40 EU.

My seat neighbor on my second flight from SVX to PEK, started her journey at CDG, and she said they were not stict at all about carry on bags, and basically let them carry anything on.

As far as service, compared to Aeroflot, in some areas they excelled others they fell short. Aeroflot provides more comfortable seats. Aeroflot has a better check-in. But, Ural provides 3 non-alcoholic drink services, compared to Aeroflot where after the post-departure drink service, even on an 8 hour flight, it can be hard to get another glass off water. The food in both is basic economy average.

Vertical, fly them if they are cheap. I flew them from PRG to PEK for $250 USD.