FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Come Nobody Talks About Hawthorn Suites
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:35 pm
purplenightskylovertv
formerly Will Stonehocker

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, it varies. i stayed away from Towneplace for a few years after getting spoiled milk in a mini-carton there, but last year I needed someplace near the MSY (New Orleans) in Metarie, and the best cross between good reviews (including about the breakfast) and low prices in the Marriott program (where I was chasing a promo) was the TownePlace nearby the airport. And the breakfast while not as lavish as at Fairfield I found decent enough (though I don't remember the details).

So I would say breakfast is variable, rather than consistently crap, at Towneplace, and would recommend scoruing the reviews for what they say about the breakfast before booking one.

Btw, you may thin Fairfield has a decent breakfast, but there's at least one Fairfield (in Anaheim near Disneyland) that has no breakfast at all. I don't get why they call it a Fairfield if that's the case, surely there must be a better fit among Marriott's 30ish brands!

So if there can be a Farifield without a breakfast, I guess there can be a Hawthorn without a breakfast too. (I just hope they say so somehow in the particular hotel's amenities description.)
Yes you are correct, reading the reviews helps. And a Fairfield without a breakfast......?