FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA and Doha
Thread: BA and Doha
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:13 pm
sch7458

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Is your intended destination Doha? If so why make your life much harder adding tricky connections in the current situation, as opposed to accepting Y direct with some comp? Pick the QR A380 and the difference to WT+ really is not worth the hassle of going via DXB/AUH/BAH/KWI!
Yes DOH is my intended destination.

The problem is Avios and TP. I need to pass the threshold at the end of May and these are the last flights for this membership year. If they book me in QR Eco, I don't know what the new QR booking class would be.
And even if they - as a gesture of goodwill - provide the missing TP/Avios afterwards, t.b.h. I don't want to chase those: BA is a good airline provided that you have nothing to do with their CS.
Also if I accept the QR downgrade, I probably have to fill the refund form afterwards and wait some weeks/months/years(?) until it's gets reimbursed.
Moreover, I don't know how much I will get as I only paid about 500 EUR for the tix.
I believe the best deal with BA&EC is 'fly and avoid all post-travel experience with their CS'...

What do you think? Do you have any similar experience?
Thanks in advance.