FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award seats all showing 2X normal miles for all date up to 2019
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:41 am
Crisu69

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Crisu69
there is no upgrade availability around 3. April and even end of march from J to First on BKK-Doha.

Little bit strange. Normally they open upgrade availibility to first on this route but now there is only Q2.
i think your chances will be better at airport if they not open upgrade availibility before.

but i was never lucky for op up to first and when i fly first on this route it was never full. Sometimes only me and only 1 more.
Well guys, yu can believe this or not, but while i was writing the post above, i was sitting in Al Mourjan with a business ticket to BKK on QR830 which i upgraded from economy with miles last year. I paid cash ~500 eur for economy from EU-BKK-EU and upgraded the complete flight to biz with miles.

when i walked to boarding gate later this happen;

me: give tiket to qr stsff

beeep...

qr: mr, we have changed your seat.

me: hm, but i have reserved window seat in 3rd row of business class

qr: we changed your seat to 2K first class. You want go back to your old seat

me: nooooooo

I cant believe this. Before i complained never got op up to first and now i am sitting in first to BKK, drinking Krug ect. but paid only economy cash.

of course the plane is full in biz+first that why i got op up. But i never read someone get an upgrade on an already upgraded ticket.

this is also QR, despite all the cutting in lounge access ect. in the past.

i fly now first in A380 to BKK with paid economy ticket ~500 eur.

@Traveller
i hope you not regret you decission to not fly QR anymore

Last edited by Crisu69; Feb 28, 2018 at 1:10 pm