FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching from IHG to Hyatt, poor experience so far
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:10 am
moulder3

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by shakim
I always find HP way better than fourpoints or courtyard
I agree. You know exactly the room you're getting with HP, the downside being almost all HP have no suites for upgrade. Four Points has some really nasty hotels, but if they have a decent restaurant then you can get free breakfast as your Platinum amenity, if that's important to you.

To the OP: I'd say that if you expect the majority of your stays to be HP & HH, then you may want to re-evaluate Hyatt as your go-to brand. If you enjoy the properties (which doesn't seem to be the case) then maybe it's worth continuing, but otherwise Hyatt elite members get ZERO additional benefits (beyond a bottle of water) at Hyatt Place & Hyatt House properties, which is even more crazy considering they make up something like 45% of all Hyatt's worldwide. If I were in your shoes, the only reason I'd continue with Hyatt is a) if you can find non-HP/HH hotels with lounges along your normal travels or b) you really want Hyatt points for the vacation properties (although I'd suggest you look at points required for Hyatt resorts, as they're often insanely high).