View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 18, 4:33 am
Wangja

Programs: KL-PEFL
Mrs W and I took KE121 ICN-SYD on 10 Feb in a 380.

The new F lounge in T2 was, I have to say, a disappointment. Whilst the food selection was better than the old T1 offering, that was not the reason for flying F. The lounge design, with its single seat cubicles, seemed to amplify every sound from adjoining cubicles (we had one of the few 2-seater variants).

As to the flight itself, we had seats in the open Cosmo suites. These are fine for travelling alone, but for two, who retain the habit of talking, they were less than convivial. The small 'step' - part eventually of the bed when made up - helped a lot, but the movable barrier, even when fully lowered, felt like a barricade. The fixed reading lamp was a further hindrance.

The food was adequate, just, with the breakfast surpassing the main meal of dinner.

We found that row 3 was noisy and the crew seemed to be opening and closing the storage cupboards immediately behind us all night long, and I have to say that was annoying.

The crew, as has always been my experience with KE First (and business), was excellent.

Next time we plan to use J as the difference in value did not match the difference in cost.

(As it happens, the morning after my return I made a short business hop ICN-MNL and the Prestige lounge was more comfortable, and quieter than the F lounge).

I will be on ICN-DXB next week - a 777 - and the seat arrangements in F are, bed step excepted, the same as in J, so it will be J for me on that trip.