FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:51 am
johnirvine

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
This very much depend on the load of the flight though. Yes, on flights that have low(ish) load you can almost be guaranteed that the middle seat will be kept empty up front (nobody would pay for a middle seat). However most of my recent flights between ATH and AMS/DUS have been packed to the brim (overbooked in Economy even), meaning that even if you do pay for up-front seating...most of the people around you will be upgraded, and, the middle seat will be taken. If they guarantee the middle seat to stay empty that would be another matter, but that is not the case.

If they indeed have changed the seat pitch then that is a project that takes many months to complete for the whole fleet. This month I have flown them twice (in business) but the legroom has been the same as before. The first rows of economy have always had the same legroom as business class (which has always been very generous). I cannot imagine that in less than one month they have been able to reconfigure seat pitch on all these aircraft and that they would not even advertise this as a feature. If the extra leg room is increased for up front seats, wouldn't they list that in the benefits?
Please read the Aegean advertising about 'upfront seats'. They explicitly state: 'would you like a bit more legroom to rest?'........if so, upfront seats are for you. Such advertising would clearly suggest that the seat pitch is less in standard seats.