FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What time do you get to the airport?
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:19 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Personally, I think the last luxury we all have is time.

Regardless of short or or long haul I try to arrive at the airport 3 hours before a flight minimum, this ensures that I never again have to worry about conformance, the slow person in front of me taking their one holiday a year or having a car breakdown, etc...

i have a much better demeanour and travel experience if I am relaxed and can just casually go through any stages before the flight.

Others will always want to cut it close and more power to them, however it would cause me undue stress so I’d just say thanks, let’s meet at the gate or airside and then both can do what is more restful to them...

its the the same thing with driving somewhere, if possible I leave a bit early and then am happy to wait a bit at the other end or stop for a rest break and do the speed limit whereas others will always leave late and must speed to get there on time but each to their own.

i can happily sit and people watch for hours though, especially with a drink/coffee in public spaces, plus I like to eat before a long haul, regardless of travel class and this gives me time to do so.