FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:48 am
MrArkadin

Programs: A3*G
Last weekend I had my first couple of flights under the new scheme, ATH-LON and return. The outbound trip was pretty straight forward: I paid for 5F, up front seats only 2/3 full so my middle seat was empty. I also felt the legroom increased. I mean, I'm not happy for having to pay for a seat that was free until now but I did enjoy the online seat booking process and overall experience was more than ok.

The inbound flight was another story. When booking, I only got availabilities for seats behind the second doors. I ended up in 11F, not too bad but definitely less enjoyable; standard seats were cramped. What was weird is that the up front seats where again only 2/3 full; so why didn't I see any available seats when booking? I called Aegean to find out, they said I should have called them prior to the flight. Indeed I should have, but at the time I thought it was one of these LHR-ATH with 8+ rows of business. Anyway, my best guess is the booking system is still being optimised.

Last edited by MrArkadin; Feb 27, 2018 at 12:56 am