FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching from IHG to Hyatt, poor experience so far
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:24 pm
shakim

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
I avoid Hyatt properties in general, although I do still like the odd Hyatt Place in certain cities where options are more limited.

I find Hyatt to be generally substandard. They are not cheap by any means, but they cheap out. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Denver a few years ago. This is supposed to be a 4 star property..and it had 1 ply toilet paper. Seriously?? This is the general experience of a Hyatt...fixtures are cheap and unreliable, toilet paper is 1 ply, service is substandard..and it somehow remains a pricier brand.
While I have not stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Denver, I must say in my experience, Hyatt has always been better than a comparable marriott, hilton, IC and even SPG. I'm not talking about treatment I receive, but the hard product, which is the same for everyone. Maybe it's that particular hotel that needs a renovation.