FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - skymiles redemption - aeroflot disappeared ?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:42 am
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by KingBraden
What airlines charge more than 1k in fees, if you have time also compare their mileage costs to Delta.
BA awards (RT) booked using any OW program.

LH for most airline awards - $1000~$1200 RT easily, while booked with UA it would be something like $50~$70 for the very same flights.

JL is not that much, but for RTW (8 flights) can be also $1000+.

Really most European FFPs.

With LH for example sure I'll pay $1000+ in YQ/YR, but I get two stopovers and an open-jaw, and I pay 70K for RT that with DL as OW with no stopover will be more than that, and UA for the same flights (with stopovers, so 4 segments) would be also about thrice as much cost in miles. Plus if booking LH flights I get availability that is not there via other FFPs.

So, what I meant was, where you pay more $, you pay less in miles. Just DL is getting so greedy to charge more $$ while also the highest prices in the industry in miles, often more than double of others, while giving you no stopovers, no open jaws (under an RT fare I mean), nothing.