View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 18, 10:53 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Online refunds is a huge enhancement, IMO. I had to cancel a QRPC miles award redemption ticket last year, and it was the most convoluted process I've ever experienced. IIRC canceling the rezzie, refunding taxes and fees to my credit card, and having the miles reinstated were all separate tasks, each of which required a telephone call to QRPC. And they had to be handled sequentially. i.e., I couldn't even request that the miles be put back into my account until the entire tax/fee refund process was complete. While I love the QR onboard product and I've had excellent experiences with Customer Service and QRPC telephone support, this process was, by far, the most cumbersome for a mileage award ticket I've ever experienced. Yes, it all went smoothly, sort of; at least it all went exactly as it was supposed to, -- but despite my best efforts, I've been unable to imagine a more Rube Goldberg type process for cancelling a mileage award redemption ticket.

Regarding this:
... In line with these enhancements from 11 March 2018, we will no longer be supporting these account activities through our ticketing offices, contact centres or any other offline channels.
I wouldn't be surprised if QRPC PLTs can still get this stuff done on the phone. I may be wrong, of course, just my guess.