FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone else secretly hope for rough weather?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:39 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Badenoch
I've never been motion sick perhaps in part due to spending my formative years around small boats and often in rough water so I can't relate to those who pop Gravol like they are Skittles and who won't step off the dock without wearing transdermal patches, acupressure wristbands and other magic amulets.

On a South Pacific cruise a few years ago we ran into some rough weather on a sea day. Not scary rough but enough that walking was often a challenge, shows were cancelled, the dining room was half empty and many of the guests looked queasy. I felt fine.

When the weather settled down there was much pissing and moaning by some passengers who insisted the captain should have avoided the weather. I was glad he didn't although kept the opinion to myself. A day or two of bad weather on a cruise is a good reminder that we are land-based creatures and just visiting when on the water.

Does anyone else secretly hope the seas gets rough on a cruise?
Nope. I don’t hope for legionnaires disease, terrorist attacks, or E-Coli, either.