FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:25 pm
esledo

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by haapalainen
BA doesn't serve any dinner on sleeper services.
That is simply incorrect. On sleeper services there is a light meal of two choices (example salad or pasta) plus dessert (such as a slice of cake), and I have found those to be pretty good given the time of the day (or night). At least on most routes one can have a good meal in the lounge (to mention JFK and EWR at least) before the flight as well.

Last night in J on AY28 HAV-HEL (STD 23:05 LT + 20 min delay) I was able to get the dinner tray at 1:08 LT, so 1,5 hrs after take-off. I really think AY should do something to speed up the service (especially on night flights), it seems that it hasn't really improved since the introduction of A350.

Menu HAV-HEL 23 Feb (Sorry, took a picture only of the Finnish pages)

Drinks served with sliced almonds, should have had some rusinat and glögi with those. What a joke.

One tray for the salmon starter, sea-bass & risotto main course and cheeses. Not much to write home about, the fish was very bland and the "risotto" was just dry rice.

The orange-chocolate cake was quite tasty, accompanied by a glass of De Bortoli Noble One.

The light meal was served around 2 hrs before arrival into HEL. The spinach lasagna was surprisingly good, though a bit greasy.

To add to this "Ylellinen Finnairin Businessluokka" experience there were no real duvets available on the flight, only s/h style thin blankets as "HAV cannot handle the real ones". Also no lounge at HAV (even though finnair.com states that there is) and apparently because of this the kid at row 4 was starving to death so the FAs started to cook noodles already before the doors were closed. Of course I also sent feedback about the pathetic ground experience at HAV (also to mention the 1,5 hrs wait for luggage after AY27) but I really think that relying solely on HAV lounge offerings would tell something of ones self-survival instinct.