FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL enhancements
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:21 pm
David_Doyle

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
My thoughts/prediction, to add to all the others

Thoughts

GGL is an anomaly in the Executive Club tiers
  • Unlike the other tiers the initial and ongoing qualifying criteria are different - does anyone know why it's 5,000 and then 3,000..?
  • It's not well publicised at all unless you're part of FT/other FFP sites. You can't find details on the BA website, for example.
Premier is the same. Anyone using the Avios calculator on BA.com sees 'Premier' in the dropdown but can't find any explanation of what it is on the site....

I wonder why BA haven't publicised GGL more, as it could certainly direct more business to them, potentially heavy fliers who post 2000-3000 TP's each year but who don't even know about GGL.

Predictions
  • More prominent publishing of GGL on Executive Club with details of benefits - think like QF Platinum One
  • Alignment of initial/repeat qualification at marginally higher level - perhaps 4,000 TP's
  • CCR card remains at 5,000 TP's
I can't see any requirement for all TP's to be on BA. As has been pointed out with the revenue sharing deals in place BA has lots of benefit from AA and QR as well as the obvious IB and EI.