FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Do #6 - Naha (Okinawa) - March 29-31 2018
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:31 am
ellyse

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by beckoa
So it looks like I need to book a flight TPE-OKA.

Would you fly IT or MM? Yes both are LCC's but a third the price of "the big guys". Starting in HKG, but have a tag to TPE as it seems most HKG-TPE are either sold out, or ridiculously expensive. This would be on Thursday the 29th.

Seems this trip should be a go.

I was wondering if IT was Irtysh Airlines or Kingfisher Airlines, since neither of these two sound like a possibility on this route... then I simply did a search on Ctrip and found that IT is Tigerair Taiwan!
MM is in the LCC terminal at OKA so you’ll have to take an extra shuttle bus, and MM is also stricter (very strict, in fact) on luggage weight and size, both carry-on and check-in. Based on these 2, I would pick IT over MM, assuming schedule and price are comparable. MM also seems to have extremely thin seats.
Just to clarify, I haven’t taken either airline, but these are observations from reasonably extensive reading of Taiwanese travel blogs and forum posts.

P.S. The cheapest HKG-OKA on 29/3 is actually on CI going through TPE. Still roughly 3 times the price of MM or IT though.

Last edited by ellyse; Feb 24, 2018 at 5:07 am