FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EU GDPR / General Data Protection Reg. and FT compliance
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:12 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Considering some of the ads I see are in German, and I do live in Germany, then I would say this is targeted marketing.
So again, I maintain my position that Flyertalk has to comply to the GDPR and i would appreciate if they could share with their thousands of European customers their plan.
And I am not the only one to think so:
The GDPR applies to organizations involved in the processing of personal data of individuals located in the EU. “[P]ersonal data” is defined broadly as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.”
[3] “Processing” means “any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.”[4] These are broad definitions encompassing a range of data types and a variety of data usages—they are designed in particular to sweep in U.S. technology companies. Indeed, information such as log-in information, IP addresses, and vehicle identification numbers, though not enabling direct identification of individuals, allow for identification of individuals indirectly and are therefore considered to be personal data.

Last edited by fransknorge; Feb 23, 2018 at 12:19 am