FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No medical waivers on US Airways?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2004, 10:03 am
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
CP Desk? / Res

Is the CP desk just as rigid as general res, or will they waive things? I have read some posts also that the AA Exec Plat desk and the UA 1K desk may have more discretion, but still, I would go to the ATO.

Also one time I called res because I had missed a flight or something. You could hear in the res agents voice that they kept saying to go to the airport, even to go to the baggage service office. The agent seemed to say between the lines that ato could maybe help me, but they could not. The end was something like "and you can call us if you cannot get to the airport and we can TRY to help you," but you could really hear in his voice (without him saying it) that it was much better to go to the ato. At least there are some honest res folks who will tell people like it is. But it is an interesting and valid question to see if the likes of the CP desks at the big six carriers act differently. I still have not read enough anecdotes to have any kind of confident answer to that question.