FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question for SQ experts regarding SQ avoiding weather
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:30 pm
Phaze

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Sadly, this thread went the wrong way-it went about focusing on one flight, on one screen shot, and one example to prove a right vs wrong. Thats not even remotely the point.
Hah, welcome to the SQ board. It's characteristic of this sub-forum. The fiercely loyalist cheerleaders always pop up eventually, to spin and twist everything to defend this above-average carrier to the hilt.

Originally Posted by DLATL777
This is a general discussion citing one example. @Phaze-thank you for your contribution. Do you feel given your experience here that SQ is better, worse, or inline with other Asian carriers in this regard? We all know US carriers are the most sensitive which Ive always felt in part is due to thier paranoia of an injury due to Turbulence.
I can't compare them to US carriers, but of all the full-service Asian carriers I fly regularly (which is pretty much all of them apart from VN, KE, OZ and every mainland Chinese carrier) SQ definitely likes to look weather in the face more than any of the others. I do a lot of sectors to Europe and then usually head eastwards from Singapore on the way back - to Japan, Korea and the southern tip of Australia. After a while it was certainly noticeable enough for me to mention it in passing to a few friends at SQ, but I doubt the average customer cares because most people just don't fly that much and will simply put it down to unavoidable inclement weather.