Old Feb 22, 18, 3:16 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
So is it just me? I guess I get tired of reading all these people on here who have no connection to AS at all who simply dump a bunch of miles from some other source and then book international premium travel. Yes, I know it's all legal blah, blah, blah. I guess I feel like this kind of use of the program makes thing harder for those of us who actually fly AS (sometimes a lot) to get awards and could lead to tightening up the program in the future.
SPG as such will cease to exist in about a year or so. It's not clear at all whether the transfer possibilities in the merged Marriott/Ritz/Starwood program will be any better than in the current Marriott program, which nobody raves about the way people rave about SPG->airlines.

In fact, there may be a rash of "dumping in" to various airline programs from SPG this year, simply because it may the last year anyone can do that. Anyone who was collecting SPG for airilne miles, rather than hotel points, will probably want to "dump" rather than wait for them to turn into Marriott points.