FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing Air Canada Basic Economy
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:53 am
meagicano

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by gglave
Even though my travel was and is 100% economy class, I enjoy travelling for business - I enjoy seeing different cities, meeting different cultures. I enjoy getting caught up on a superhero movie on a transcon that I haven't been able to watch due to family pressures at home. I enjoy meeting clients face-to-face.

I enjoy the perks that came with business travel - Booking rewards tickets, taking my family into the lounge, boarding in the priority lines.

But if the experience of travel becomes so miserable and those perks disappear, well then I'll just do the webex things.
This is me, exactly. Even when I'm sent somewhere not great, I have fun with it. I also find that my client relationships are stronger when I'm face to face as opposed to a voice speaking over a phone or through video conference. Humans are generally social creatures - technology is great (and I say that as a tech strategy consultant), but it's not always enough. You can miss out on a lot without the spontaneous interactions that occur when you're on site.