FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA - LAX-SFO-HIKA-Guam and return via UA Pacific Islands $442 <2.8cps
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:20 pm
mpiotrow

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Which direction (PNI-TKK, or GUM-TKK) are you flying? And, what date are you flying (or, at the very least, what day of the week)?
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I'm flexible. I could fly this route in either direction and pretty much any time from April onwards. As the flights generally operate at the same times on the same days each week, I'm working on the assumption if it doesn't work one week it won't work any week in that timetable period.
The reason I'm asking was due to the schedule for each direction. From what I can tell, the PNI-TKK departure times are as follows:
  • Saturday around 3pm
  • Sunday around 2am
  • Monday around 3pm
  • Tuesday around 3pm
  • Thursday around 3pm
So, to me it looks like if you're wanting to SDC to an earlier flight from PNI-TKK that your only option is to book the Sunday flight, and hope that you can SDC to the Saturday afternoon flight instead, which only gets you there ~10 hours earlier than the Sunday middle of the night flight. This would give you time in TKK from ~3:30pm on Saturday until 3:30am on Sunday when the flight to GUM departs.

If you're going the other direction, here's the departure times for GUM-TKK:
  • Friday around 8am
  • Saturday around 8pm
  • Sunday around 8am
  • Monday around 8am
  • Wednesday around 8am
Again, to me it looks like if you're wanting to SDC to an earlier flight from GUM-TKK that your only option is to book the Sunday flight, and hope that you can SDC to the Saturday evening flight instead, which gets you there ~11 hours earlier than the Sunday morning flight. This would give you time in TKK from 10pm on Saturday until ~11am on Sunday when the flight to PNI departs.

Or am I looking at this all wrong? haha