FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:51 pm
Eltham

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Not true, for what is worth I have strong and good contacts with my regular repeating IC's. That is not going to help in the slightest though if a first time RA at an IC, or if IC itself has reduced planned upgrades for their RAs.

Regards meeting GMs, that is still rare, as GM often not visable even if on premises, OR manages multiple hoyels (eg Sydney/Melbourne areas GM). Some small number eg GM at IC Hanoi Westlake do make an effort if on premises.

A case in point would be IC Park Lane, as a somewhat regular, I have historically pre Jan2017 I have been upgraded to 1bed-suite and deluxe-suite approaching 50% of the time, and even once their 4th best suite. That is now definitely a thing of the past, and I am sure many other RAs were staying more nights per year there than me and are likewise disapointed goung forwards.

We also have some IC's counting a clubroom as the 2nd stage of a 2cat RA upgrade when in reality that results in just +1cat room upgrade with lounge benefit associated which RA already has. Historically I was very happy with somw very nice 1-room Junior/Srudio Suites on solo stays at various IC's, as always prefer sitting on a comfy sofa to poorer option of just armchair/bed/workdesk-chair in Exec/Club rooms.
Our experiences obviously differ.