FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:58 am
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Very good thread! And now that I've left HAV, where internet access was not too easy, I'll be able to comment, too.

To my surprise, HEL-HAV (menu read HAV/POP/PVR) was not a BusinessLight flight. I didn't take a photo of the menu, but there was an amuse bouche (roe), a choice of two appetizers, a petite salad, a choice of three main courses (I had preordered the reindeer, preorders are now possible, too, and it was perfectly cooked), Jymy lemon & vanilla + petite fours + cheese. I was satisfied with everything except the amuse bouche. It's of course my problem that I don't like roe, but it seemed to me that quite many pax skipped the amuse bouche. Perhaps it would be more sensible to offer something less exotic?

The second meal had two choices, some Indian-style cheese and vegetable dish and a very good tortellini with chanterelles and veal. It didn't look appetising but the taste was great. It came with a small side salad, fresh fruit and a croissant.

This is a bit off-topic, but I had a very nice crew, too. No J blankets – supposedly, they aren't able to wash them in HAV so we only had Y blankets, but J pillows. Go figure...

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Regular AY fliers know it already but this thread is actually quite scary read...the AY J dishes look awful in many cases...some of them taste better than they look but this is not good publicity for AY for sure...
Yes, it's a scary yet very realistic read. I wonder why we didn't have such a topic a long time ago. Now let's hope that AY comes to the same conclusion and finally does something about it. ^ ^