FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:36 pm
TravelTexan

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Schedule change advice

So I booked in F the YYZ-DXB (spend night) then DXB to MXP and the same on the way back MXP to DXB spend night then 10:30 am flight out from DXB to YYZ (Toronto). I received an email from Emirates that there is a schedule change and now my flight back arrives in DXB at 7:30 pm and leaves DXB at 3:30 am (seven hours earlier). If I had wanted that flight out to Toronto at 3:30 am I would have booked it in the first place. So, I went and looked and the 10:30 am flight is not longer on the schedule so it is gone and the 3:30 am flight looks to be the only non stop DXB to YYZ. Called Emirates about options and was pretty amazed at their lack of flexibility on re-booking another route to fit my schedule (I have yet to book the flight back to DFW from YYZ on AA to get me back home, so I could book my way back to DFW from another airport). This is my first time flying Emirates and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do here. I have some time here since the flight is not until summer, so maybe there could be another schedule change. Or I could call back and try to get someone else. Suggestions? I have no status at Emirates- this will be the first time I have flown them anywhere. Suggestions? I have dealt with United, American and BA before on schedule changes, but never Emirates.