FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:22 pm
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I have no idea why you are comparing an international airline to Jetblue and Westjet. You mentioned said "four star logo", then you might as well compare them to, you know, international N. American Airlines, otherwise you might as well compare AC to Via Rail or Greyhound.
Jet Blue and West Jet are international airlines. In case you missed it, Both have a hefty footprint in the Caribbean including Central America and the northern part of South America. West Jet is more pronounced in Mexico. Were you aware that west jet flies to the UK and will soon start service to France? JetBlue flies in regions far more susceptible to weather delays than Air Canada. Did you know that West jet has much of its domestic schedule in the domestic snow belt? And yet it still manages to beat AC.

Had the steady and brilliant young lad in the jumper compared AC to Greyhound or Via, I expect that the disparity in performance would be even more evident. He strikes me as kind and thoughtful, so he most likely do not wish to rub salt into an open festering wound.

Air Canada's OTP has been dismal and downright abusive. The reason for that is that there is NO incentive for the airline to do better. There are no regulatory costs to deal with and little if any requirement to take care of Canadian domestic pax. When needed, AC always blames the weather. How about the AC compensation committee start deducting bonuses and stock options from the senior executives..

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Feb 20, 2018 at 10:56 pm