FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation]
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:51 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by CIT85
Sorry about your experience. I was told by Plat Concierge that Hapuna Beach will become Westin on 2/19. So I think you gambled on early timing and lost.

I have a 5 night stay on award booked for Dec., expecting all transition pains to be over.
I think December will be perfect! We're planning another trip for Thanksgiving. The problem is that the window of opportunity is likely to be pretty narrow -- you want to be here when construction is over and when the property is still Cat 5, but before Marriott takes over and screws it up. Looking at the reports in the Marriott forum about the Mauna Kea makes me sad -- no upgrade, no benefits.

Originally Posted by stevengodfrey1
Planning a 6 night award stay here end of August so all construction should not be an issue. Is there a Club Lounge? No resort fee? Just parking?
There was no club lounge when we stayed, and I can't imagine there will be one. Doesn't seem to be a Marriott thing (and also isn't a Westin requirement afaik).

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Looks like there is $30+tax/day resort fee. Other sites say that includes self parking, but there doesn't seem to be any mention on the hotels site of what that includes. They just expect you to fork over the money.
There was a resort fee which included self-parking. We were given a card at check-in that listed what else the fee includes -- as is the case at most hotels that charge such a fee, there was nothing we'd actually pay for ala carte, apart from internet (which should be free for SPG Plats anyway).